Pricing & Plans
IVPN has two plans: IVPN Standard and IVPN Pro which can be purchased on a weekly, monthly and yearly business. They also have options for a 2 and 3-year plan.
The IVPN plan has more features like port forwarding, multi-hop and usage on more devices.
All plans include:
- Anonymous registration – no email required
- No logs, audited VPN service
- Open-source applications for Android, iOS, macOS, Windows and Linux
- Private DNS servers
- Cash, Monero and Bitcoin payment options for better anonymity
- Money back guarantee for 30 days
- Killswitch/firewall and obfuscation methods where applicable
- Router, NAS support
Free Trial/ Money-back Guarantee
All IVPN plans come with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Privacy & Anonymity
IVPN does log any data relating to a user’s VPN activity while connected or connecting to the VPN.
However, when a new account is created, they store the following data:
- User ID
- Product purchased
- Date of account creation
- Payment ID
- No traffic logging
- No connection timestamp or connection duration
- No DNS request logging
- No logging of user bandwidth
- No logging of customer IP addresses
- No logging of any account activity except active total simultaneous connections
IVPN allows torrenting, except on servers based in the US. IVPN recommends using servers outside of the US for any P2P.
IVPN has a ticketing system on their website that you can use to make support requests. You can also email them or use their Twitter feed. They guarantee a response within twenty-four hours.
IVPN has a simple client that defaults to connecting you over OpenVPN. The control for the included firewall is available right on the main screen. Note that you have to get your username from the client area of the IVPN site. It’s not the email address you signed up with.
IVPN offers a client for Windows and Mac computers. They have extensive instructions on their website for manually configuring a VPN on iOS, Android, routers and Linux.
VPN Server Locations
IVPN is located in over 30 countries with more than 120 servers.
IVPN was fast in testing. As you can see from the screenshots below, it barely affected our speed.
IPCheck and DNSLeak Test
IVPN changed our IP address to match our server selection and did not leak our DNS requests.
- 2 devices – IVPN Standard
- 7 devices – IVPN Pro
- OpenVPN, L2TP, PPTP
- 256-bit encryption available
- Multi-hop feature
- Port Forwarding
- AntiTracker that blocks ads, adware, malicious websites and data harvesting trackers.
- Pause VPN when disabling VPN connection temporarily is required.
Additional Bonus Features
- Firewall / killswitch – Ability to configure as on-demand or always-on. Offers comprehensive protection against DNS, IPv6, disconnection and WebRTC leaks.
- Great speed
- Takes Bitcoin
- Allows torrents
- All three common options for VPN protocols
- Weekly pricing
- Standard and Pro option
Areas for Improvement
The prices are a bit higher than much of the competition out there.
IVPN isn’t the cheapest VPN service out there by any means, but they are good. Their speed was very impressive in testing and their client is about as easy as it gets where usability is concerned. IVPN definitely holds its own against the competition.