LeVPN has been around since 2010. They’re operated by VTNV solutions, which is headquartered in Hong Kong. They advertise themselves as a personal VPN service and, between their no-logging policy and allowing of torrents, they do have the features that will make them competitive in that niche.
Pricing & Plans
LeVPN offers pricing based on your length of service. They allow five simultaneous connections to the account, access to servers in 120 countries and a SmartDNS option if you don’t need encryption.
The pricing is as follows:
- One month for $9.95
- Twelve months for $4.95 per month
- Two Years (+1 month free) for $2.78 per month
LeVPN accepts credit cards, PayPal and Bitcoin for payment.
Free Trial/ Money-back Guarantee
There’s no free trial with LeVPN, but they do offer a 30-day money-back guarantee with no questions asked.
Privacy & Anonymity
LeVPN does not log your activity while you’re using their servers.
Provider Logging Policy
According to LeVPN service policy, they store the following:
- a timestamp and IP address when you connect and disconnect to Le VPN service
- the amount of data transmitted (up- and download) during your session together with the IP address of the individual VPN server used by you.
They do not store details of or monitor the following:
- the websites you connect to when using Le VPN Service. They only proceed with such storage so that they can monitor the performance of both their site and Le VPN Service. This data is stored on their system for a certain period of time even though they have no obligation to store any such data.
Torrenting is allowed on LeVPN. The server list includes a selection that are labeled as friendly for P2P, a very nice touch from this provider.
LeVPN offers a ticketing system, a guided set of instructions and a knowledgebase for support options.
LeVPN’s client is based on Viscosity, a popular VPN option from SparkLab. It’s clean and easy to use. Your username and password have to be obtained from the site; they’re not the same ones you use to log into the client area.
VPN Server Locations
Select a VPN server in one of 120+ countries and protect all your internet activities with a secure virtual VPN tunnel with an advanced military-strong encryption. Select any of the countries in their VPN servers list and your IP address will be automatically replaced with an anonymous IP address from that country.
LeVPN was impressive where speed is concerned. The VPN server slowed us down just over 10Mbps from our baseline of 43.53Mbp. Hooking up to servers was fast and easy.
IPCheck and DNSLeak Test
The IP address checked out on LeVPN and our DNS server address did not leak.
- No logging
- Servers in 120 countries
- Torrents allowed
- Easy to use App
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- SmartDNS & HybridVPN
- Connect 5 Devices at once
- High speed
- Takes Bitcoin
- PPTP, L2TP/IPSec, OpenVPN
- Windows, Mac, Android, iOS compatible
Additional Bonus Features
- Available in 5 languages – English, French, Spanish, Italian, Russian
- Kill Switch and Adaptive Connection – automatic protocol selection and easy access to all VPN protocols from one place
- Takes Bitcoin
- Doesn’t log
- Lists P2P-friendly servers
Areas for Improvement
LeVPN’s prices for shorter terms of service aren’t very competitive compared to other providers.
LeVPN is good. They market themselves as a VPN service for personal use and that’s exactly what they provide. Taking Bitcoin makes them suitable for users who have significant privacy concerns, as does their no-logging policy. Their prices aren’t particularly competitive, but they do offer quite a discount if you subscribe for a longer period of time.